Level 6 International Diploma in Safety Engineering (IDSE)-(Certified by IOSH for Graduate Membership-GradIOSH)
Become GradIOSH with IDSE (IOSH & NCFE Accredited Qualification)
Level 6 International Diploma in Safety Engineering is Certified by IOSH for Graduate Membership-GradIOSH . The diploma is highly beneficial for those professionals who have some safety and engineering roles in the organization. The diploma is very unique and is much better than the available options because unlike other diploma in OH&S, it is based on skill oriented basic engineering knowledge necessary for day to day occupational safety and health affairs of the organizations.
Key benefits and features of this diploma include:
- Accredited by IOSH for GradIOSH Membership
- The diploma has only 2 units only. Both are assessed by a 5 hours written exam each
- There is no requirement of practical reports submission. Everything is included in 5 hours exam for each unit
- The diploma is offered via distance learning only for experienced professionals. Please read registration requirements below
- No more waiting for the results for months. The result of exams will be declared within 15 working days.
- No more wastage of hard earned money. All the registered students will be offered one re-sit free in each unit.
- You can get registered for the diploma one week prior to the exam.
- Exams for the diploma will be administered by approved satellite centres in Nigeria, Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi), Jeddah, Muscat, Basrah, Doha, Dubai. We shall add more cities in this list in future
- Exams will be held minimum 6 times a year
You are eligible to apply for this diploma if you meet any of the following requirements:
- A-Levels (Or equivalent in Science subjects) + 3 years OH&S experience OR
- Level 3 certification in OH&S (IOSH Accredited only) + 3 years OH&S experience OR
- A graduate degree in Science subjects from reputable university + 1 years OH&S experience OR
- Four years engineering degree (B.E or BS Eng) from a reputable university
Note: A "Declaration Form" must be filled by each student as part of the registration confirming the qualification and experience criteria is met. Those who do not meet the registration requirements will not be registered. Registration requirement has been introduced to increase the pass percentage for the qualification and attracting only those professionals who have bright chances of success in IDSE.
Qualification is assessed via 2 closed book written exams (1 Ea for both units) comprising total 150 Marks in each assessment. Passing marks are 50% for each unit. Maximum time allowed for each examination is 5 hours.
Unit 1 "Achieving Continual Improvement in Health and Safety Management system"
Unit 2 " Principles and Application of Science and Technology in Safety"
noteThere will be two sections in each exam and a break of 2 hours will be given after first section. However, both section need to be completed the same day.
The qualification has been carefully designed to meet industry requirements for occupational safety and health provisions. The existing diploma in OH&S provide generic information about occupational health and safety. Both units of IDSE have been designed in such a manner that the successful professionals of Unit 1 will be able to establish, implement, maintain, manage and continually improve the OH&S Management system based on any standard including OHSAS 18001 or upcoming ISO 45001. Similarly, Unit 2 has given more emphasis on the engineering related skill, knowledge and information for the requirement of occupational safety and health provisions at the workplace. The Unit 2 provides the professionals with the core knowledge of engineering which they can translate into skill base for engineering design assessments, material failure modes, incident investigations, reliability engineering, structure analysis, equipment selection, engineering risk assessments, engineering control designs and assessments, mathematical and geometric calculations and much more.
Unit 1: Achieving Continual Improvement in OH&S Management System
- Element 1:Assess the planning of an OH&S Management System from continual improvement perspective
- Element 2:Assess the established & Implemented OH&S Management System from the continual improvement perspective
- Element 3:Review and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the inspection and audit process for OH&S Management System
- Element 4:Review and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of Management Review process for the OH&S Management System
Unit 2: Principles and Application of Science and Technology in Safety < ul>
NCFE UK is the diploma awarding body. Upon successful completion of both units, NCFE will issue the diploma to the candidates . The diploma holders can subsequently apply for GRADIOSH Membership with IOSH after payment of requisite fee. Please check the details of IOSH Membership and its benefits here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Where are Exams conducted?
Kevron Consulting Limited, 8 Olanrewaju Street, Off Kudirat Abiola Way, oregun Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos
I do not meet registration criteria. Is there any exemption based on my experience?
No, there are no exemptions to the established registration criteria. You must meet any of the criteria mentioned on our website.
Can I pay fee in installments?
Yes, you can pay fee in installments but 100% fee should be submitted before you sit for both exams.
What is the fee for IDSE?
You must pay 60% fee at the time of registration. Registration will be valid for one year and you can sit in the exams any time of the year subject to the exam administrative arrangements in your country. However, you will need to pay balance 40% fee before sitting the exams.
How often will be exams conducted?
Exams will be conducted after every 2 months i.e. 6 times a year. However, for corporate clients and group participants of 10 or more delegates, exam can be conducted on agreed suitable dates. Please contact us if you have urgent requirement for exams and you fall in any of above 2 categories mentioned.
Why should I choose IDSE?
- 1 Qualification is accredited by IOSH for GradIOSH Membership
- Fastest and Simple route to GradIOSH membership
- Result is issued within 3 weeks after the exam
- Diploma is issued within 2 weeks to the delegates who qualify the exams
- Regular exams 6 times a year
- Diploma in Safety Engineering instead of general safety