IOSH Working Safely Training
Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’
Working safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding of health and safety. It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself and others through changing your behaviour.
It focuses on best practice rather than legislation, it's suitable for delegates from around the world, and not just those from the UK.
The course is a 100% match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘Passport’ syllabus.
Working safely is recognised as an equivalent to a level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment. This means that delegates who successfully complete it can apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) green Labourer card once they’ve passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
Five interactive modules
- 1. Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
Who should go on Working safely?
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing grounding in the essentials of health and safety. Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course offers exactly that.
What will they get out of it?
Working safely isn’t supposed to turn delegates into safety experts. It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the well-being of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
Also, delegates who successfully complete it can apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) green Labourer card once they’ve passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
What will their employer get out of it?
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their teams.
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety.
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course.
- Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 percent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus.
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session.
What is Included
The comprehensive Working safely package contains:
- Full PowerPoint presentation featuring state-of-the-art animation clear delegate workbook with sections for notes and Q&A sessions, and plenty of simple, custom-designed illustrations – no clip art!
- User-friendly trainer notes including focused training tips and extra background information so that trainers can go into more detail in all the key areas.
- A board game and quizzes to bring health and safety to life and maximise interactivity.
- A bank of assessments – delegates’ understanding of health and safety basics is evaluated using multi-format questions and a hazard-spotting exercise.
End of course assessments
- A 10 question, multiple-choice assessment paper.
- Three hazard spotting exercises
The course is accredited by IOSH. Delegates who pass the end of course assessments will be awarded an IOSH Working safely certificate or a credit card-sized IOSH passport card.
|MARCH||Lagos||28th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|APRIL||Lagos||28th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|MAY||Lagos||4th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|JUNE||Lagos||Ist||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|JULY||Lagos||11th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|AUGUST||Lagos||5th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|
|SEPTEMBER||Lagos||8th||1 Day||N65,000||Book Now|