We have helped organizations of all sizes in acquiring the ISO Certification. We have great resources and support services to help your organisation in acquiring ISO CERTIFICATION.
We are confident that acquiring the ISO Certification will help the organizations not only to carry out audits and reviews to identify, correct and prevent problems but also to reduce workplace incidents and the cost of insurance premiums.
Our aim is to be the provider of your choice and we look forward to working with your organization.
To help your organization implement ISO CERTIFICATION, and gain certification to any management system of your choice, Kevron Consulting Limited will work with you using the 13 steps needed to make sure that nothing is missed during your implementation and preparations for certification:
- Obtain management support – Management support is critical. Without this support your implementation of ISO CERTIFICATION will almost certainly fail.
- Identify legal requirements – Making sure that you have identified the legal and other requirements for your management system is another crucial step to make sure your implementation succeeds.
- Define scope – To ensure you know the limits of what needs to be done; you need to define the scope of your management system. Is your intended certification applicable to your entire company, or just one location of a multi-location company? This will be critical for writing your Policy and objectives and targets.
- Define procedures and processes – These will include the processes and procedures you will identify as necessary to ensure consistent and adequate results when preventing specific risks within your organization.
- Implement procedures and processes – Often, these processes will be linked to the processes that are already in place at your organization. Implement all of the processes and procedures from Step 4
- Perform training and awareness – Employees should have training on what ISO CERTIFICATION is and why you are doing this, in addition to training for any changes to the processes they are involved in. It is important that everyone in your organization knows what you are doing with your management sysytem and how they fit into the equation.
- Choose a certification body - The certification body is the company that will ultimately come in to audit your management system processes for compliance with ISO CERTIFICATION requirements, as well as whether the system is effective and improving.
- Operate the management system; measure and keep records - This is when you will collect the records that will be required during an audit to show that your processes meet the requirements set out for them. The records also show that the processes are effective and that improvements are being made in your management system as needed. Certification bodies will identify a certain length of time for this to happen in order to ensure that the system is mature enough to show compliance.
- Perform internal audits - The certification body will want you to audit each process internally before they come in to do the certification audit. This will give you a chance to make sure that the processes are doing what you had planned, and if not, you will have a chance to fix any problems that you find.
- Perform management review - Just as important as the support that management gives for the implementation of ISO Certification, is the involvement of management in the continued maintenance of the management system. In order to ensure that the processes have adequate resources to be effective and improve, management needs to review specified data from the activities of the management system and react to that data appropriately.
- Implement corrective actions - In order to fix problems and improve the system, you need to use corrective actions to find the root cause of any problems found and act to correct that root cause. These problems can be identified during your measurements, internal audits, and management review.
- Certification audit – Stage 1 - Here the certification body will review your documentation to verify that, on paper, that you have addressed all the necessary requirements of the ISO Certification standard. The auditors will issue a report outlining where you comply and where there are problems, so that you have a chance to implement any corrective actions to address the problems.
- Certification audit – Stage 2 - During this main audit the certification body auditors will perform the on-site audit where they will review the records you have accumulated by operating your management system processes, including your records of internal audits, management review, and corrective actions. After this audit, done over several days, they will issue a report detailing their findings and whether they have found your management system to be effective and in compliance with the ISO Certification requirements.
The auditors will also make a recommendation for certification if you meet all requirements; however, if you have any major non-conformances then you will need to resolve the corrective action for these problems before certification can be recommended.
Benefits of ISO Certification
There are many reasons why an organization should take a strategic approach to improving its performance. Many organisations have reported that ISO Certification helps: